Fort Vancouver Regional Library District is a library system in Southwest and South Central Washington State that spans three counties. My roles on the project were full-stack developer and information architect. The Fort Vancouver Regional Library District graphics team provided the site's visual design.
I worked with the library's Website Task Force to identify the goals and scope of a new website project, including:
- Allow users to easily complete critical tasks: search for library materials, find library events, find branch library locations and find library contact information.
- Automatically translate English-language content to Spanish and Russian, with the option of translating to additional languages in the future.
- Include a "featured content" area for the library's marketing department to use to promote library news and events.
- Allow users to customize their experience by saving a branch location as a preference for displaying news, events and hours of operation.
- Integrate with the library's third-party events system (Trumba).
- Provide mobile user experience through responsive design.
I lead two rounds of usability testing of both the mobile and desktop designs.